Re: Linux sound (and threads)

Jeff Read wrote:

>> I once had three povray processes ,a compile run of some bigger package,
>> and a mp3 player for background music running all simultaneously while I

>You must have some screamin' silicon then, pal. :) I could never do a

Well, Celery 400, 128M RAM and SCSI HDDs. Nothing too hot;)

>MP3 players tend to chop up as soon as I start Netscape.

What player(s) do you use? I also had that problem with freeamp, but
amp-gepi and mp3blaster run perfectly. AFAIK they use a greater buffer
somewhere.
And it really can't be the processing time - mp3 players are in the lower
single-digit percentage of cpu use.

	Christian