Re: Joystick portability questions...

On Tue, 22 Jun 1999, Brad Johnson wrote:

> 	Hmm... why would it burn anything out? Wouldn't it just be an issue or
> writing a driver that monitors the com port, or is it using too much power or
> something? (I'm not familiar with the internals of the 16550A...)

Well, joysticks don't talk serial.  In fact, they don't really talk
anything.(It would be like trying to put a PS/2 mouse in the plug for a
PS/2 keyboard)  The pins are just direct connections to the internal
resistors and buttons.  TTYL!

---
Paul Anderson
hacker@geeky1.ebtech.net
"This is Maurice, our sheep-herding carrot."
http://www.hpv.on.ca sys admin
http://www.freeworldbbs.org