Re: 3D modeller - K-3D

Mads Bondo Dydensborg wrote:

> On Thu, 28 Jun 2001, Steve Baker wrote:
>
> > Mads Bondo Dydensborg wrote:
> >
> > > But, this was in the context of OSS - K-3D looks very exiciting to me, and
> > > I would love to hear the review of someone "in the knows" (like you, or
> > > Steve Baker ;-)
> >
> > I downloaded it earlier today - my first impression is that it's not
> > really designed for games work.  It seems *heavily* focussed on interfacing
> > to renderman shading libraries, doing pre-scripted animations and that
> > kind of thing.  I *still* havn't found out how to create a simple polygon!
>
> I followed the tutorials, and created various objects. Don't know about a
> simple polygon though.

Well, I figured that out...but I still can't understand texturing.

I suspect it entails understanding renderman materials - which I don't.

I'm going to sign up to the mailing list and ask a bunch of 'dumb newbie' questions.

> I think it may even be documented in their manual.

You found a *manual* ?!?  Where?

I could only find their "K-3D Tutorials" thing (about 4 pages)...I'll have to
surf their web site some more.

HomeMail : <sjbaker1@airmail.net>   WorkMail: <sjbaker@link.com>
Projects : http://plib.sf.net     http://tuxaqfh.sf.net  http://tuxkart.sf.net
           http://agtoys.sf.net   http://prettypoly.sf.net