RE: Online games

You mention chat etc for players to meet and greet. Something similar
(albeit simpler) to LICQ would be good in that regard -- as it covers all
those functionality areas. Also a way of seeing how many players (and who)
are currently on a server/game -- this ties in with the ping to allow a
player to estimate the speed they'll get on a game - on a given server, or
to allow them to meet old 'foes'?! ;-)

Remote viewing of active games is definitely a nice addition aswell...

Whilst a game is active, quick messaging would be needed to throw taunts
etc...

My 0.02p...