Re: SVGALIB on Thinkpad

> /usr/lib/libSDL.a(SDL_esdaudio.lo): In function `Audio_Available':

If I had to take a guess it is because you are compiling with the
static library.  Static libraries don't contain references to other
libraries so you would need to include them on the link command.
My sdl-config generates the same options and works when linking to
dynamic libraries.

> 	* sdl-config --cflags --libs
> -I/usr/include/SDL -D_REENTRANT
> -L/usr/lib -Wl,-rpath,/usr/lib -lSDL -lpthread
>
> Which doesn't seem right. Now, I've no objection to messing around
> building the X11 link lines, but I'm not sure I should and the FAQ
> doesn't say I should have to. Especially since SDL depends on threads,
> but supplies the thread link, but not the X11 link it also depends on.

Actually if you don't link to pthreads and another library uses it,
your program crashes under linux anyway.  No one has told me why but I
heard about it on the OmniOrb mailing list.

Dennis Payne
dulsi@identicalsoftware.com