Re: SDL (was: Re: SVGALIB on Thinkpad)

> Then, your end user only has to ask "Have I upgraded SDL in
> the past six months?" - and if he hasn't then it's one download
> and one install.

This was particularly bad during SDL 1.1.x but I think that the game
developers were to blame more than SDL developers.  They follow a
numbering scheme like the linux kernel where odd minor numbers are
development versions.  So while SDL 1.1.x was in development everyone
should have been using SDL 1.0.x but no one was.  I understand that
everyone wanted to use the SDL_mixer library and the joystick code but
I think they should of used ifdefs to allow the use of SDL 1.0.x since
that was the "stable" release.

Dennis Payne
dulsi@identicalsoftware.com