Re: Interested in starting some basic development

Darel Finkbeiner wrote:

>I have also just started and was looking for a way to get my feet wet.
>Is OpenGL good for "non-3d" graphics cards?  I want to create some

If you want to do 3D gfx it certainly is and in many cases it's also good
for 2D.

>simple 3d views of starmaps and was wondering where to start myself.  I
>saw a listing for a Crystal Space 3D. Is this what I am looking for?

Most certainly no, at least not yet. CrystalSpace is a high level 3D engine
specializef for indoor scenes, i.e. Quake-like games.

>Thanks for any help ahead of time (in case I forget),

*grin*

Cu
	Christian
--

AAAAA - American Association Against Acronym Abuse