Re: Interested in starting some basic development

On Tue, Nov 17, 1998 at 09:15:48AM +0100, Jorrit Tyberghein wrote:
> > I'm not knockicg anything, I'm just being realistic. C++ is my worst nightmare.
> > I've been stuck with it some time, and I still have bad dreams because of it.
> > OK, this is my opinion, and I welcome everybody to theirs, but making a
> > framework on C++ is depriving me my choice of language. I have to choose not to
> > choose that framework. :) So, there goes GAMES.
> >
> > The solution? Write it in C, and make wrappers for C++, Java (JNI) or, look
> > what I have up in my sleeve: Objective-C. Yes, Objective-C! My choice of OO
> > language (next to Java, but Java is (still) not usable for games because of
> > it's speed, or better to say, it's lack of it).
>
> Why not write in C++ and make wrappers for C, JAVA, ...? That's also possible.

Depends. If you would to use some C++ features, it would be impossible.
Anyway, if you write in C, you don't even have to make wrappers for C++ and
Objective-C.

> I think if I would have written Crystal Space in C instead of C++ I would never
> gotten as far as I have now.

Sure you would. You would just have to think differently. Think differently...
oh my! :)

--
Borko Jandras	<bjandras@public.srce.hr>