Re: Interested in starting some basic development

Borko Jandras wrote:

> > > Worst of all, it is in C++.
> >
> > Crystal Space would not be as far as it is now if I had written it in C or another
> > non-OO language.
>
> What good is it if I can't use it. Substitute `I' with `a great deal of
> develpers who don't think much of C++'.

Well, I know a lot of people who wouldn't have started with Crystal Space
if it WASN'T written in C++. But anyway, it is all a matter of taste. Personally
I think that C is not very suitable for such large projects. It is too difficult to maintain.
(But granted, this comes from a person who ones wrote a 68000 assembler program
which was 100000 lines of assembler, and I'm not exagerating :-)

Greetings,

Jorrit.Tyberghein@uz.kuleuven.ac.be, University Hospitals KU Leuven BELGIUM

Basically, there were two sides to the world. There was the entire computer
games software industry engaged in a tremendous effort to stamp out piracy,
and there was Wobbler. Currently, Wobbler was in front.
        -- (Terry Pratchett, Only You Can Save Mankind)