Re: Interested in starting some basic development

Borko Jandras wrote:

> What good is it if I can't use it. Substitute `I' with `a great deal of
> develpers who don't think much of C++'.

You can use it. :) You may not think much of C++ but that doesn't mean
your fingers freeze up when you try to code in it, does it? Besides,
many of the most common complaints about C++ (the fact that it produces
bloated code, for instance) can be dealt with by keeping the number of
classes sufficiently small and don't become a rabid object-oriented
evangelist. (The Java 1.1 event system is a dreadful example of OO gone
too far.) I'm not writing an MFC-like monstrosity, and I doubt Jorrit
Tyberghein is either. But inheritance, polymorphism, and RTTI are things
that what I'm doing benefits from... things C++ provides readily but are
a plain b*tch to simulate using straight C code.

Jeff Read <bitwize@geocities.com>/ http://genpc.home.ml.org
Unix / Linux / Windows Hacker,  / Boycott Microsoft!
Anime & Sonic Fan,             / Use Linux/GNU!
All Around Nice Guy           / Let's keep the Net and the Land FREE!