Re: Interested in starting some basic development

Borko Jandras wrote:

> On Tue, Nov 17, 1998 at 05:04:15PM +0000, Nicholas Lee wrote:
> >
> > On Tue, 17 Nov 1998, Jeff Read wrote:
> >
> > > worth, and the resultant code would be real messy. You'd have to be a
> > > real wizard to do even basic stuff with the game library. I've seen them
> >
> > I comes down to someone thinking they can write better hand OO code in C,
> > than the compiler can with C++.
>
> Is OO more inportant that usability of the library?

For me OO makes the library more usable.

Anyway, CS doesn't make such complicated use of C++ that you couldn't
write a C wrapper for it. In fact this would not be difficult at all and is even
something that we might do in the future if there is enough demand.

CS makes use of C++ mainly for having classes and inheritance and
structuring code.

Greetings,

Jorrit.Tyberghein@uz.kuleuven.ac.be, University Hospitals KU Leuven BELGIUM

"?" he said.
        -- (Terry Pratchett & Neil Gaiman, Good Omens)