Re: A better-looking design for the site.

Johnny Taporg wrote:

> Rob Kaper <cap@capsi.demon.nl> wrote:
> >
> > I was playing around with The GIMP
>
> GIMP is so cool!
>
> Anyhow, here's something that I'd like to see on the
> site... actually, it was something I was already
> hoping to find on the site, but since it's not there,
> I'm asking here.
>
> I'm looking for 3 libraries, or a library that does
> these three specific tasks:
>
> 1. Load an image, either from a file or from a buffer
> containing the file data, into an RGBA color array.
> I need GIF support.  PNG and TGA might be nice too.

Crystal Space contains a set of C++ classes which do just
that. There is support for JPG, GIF, PNG, TGA, and BMP
currently. The classes do not depend much on the rest of
Crystal Space so I think they would be easy to seperate.

Crystal Space is LGPL and so are those classes.

URL is: http://crystal.linuxgames.com

Greetings,

Jorrit.Tyberghein@uz.kuleuven.ac.be, University Hospitals KU Leuven BELGIUM

"I thought it was going to be bucket-of-water time myself."
        -- Gaspode's way of saying "I'm sorry, was I intruding?"
           (Terry Pratchett, Moving Pictures)