RE: Static Binaries.

On 15-Nov-99 Shadow Mint wrote:
> Anyone have any suggestions on how I can create static binaries (ie.
> with OUT the shared library requirments)?
> Esp. if I have to use shared lib's while compiling....

by having the symbol table for the library (ends in .a) and by including that
symbol table instead of a dynamic link...

gcc -o someSDLapp someSDLapp.c /usr/local/lib/libSDL.a \
/usr/local/lib/libSDLmain.a

I think if you use the -static flag to gcc, it will make a completely static
binary (even libc stuff is built in), and ya probly don't want that :)