Re: Direction of Linux games...

>However I didn't bother because of the second problem.
>That is it lacks timing code.  This proved to be very
>difficult to retro-fit.  About all I could add would
>be a frame rate limiter.

It's not hard to do timing code these days. I mean back in the ole 8bit days I
wouldn't really have wanted to try, but these days machines can quite easily
handle the fp math to do proper physics modelling. It does make life a lot
easier being able to assign velocities to things as m/s and ignore the
framerate. {Admittedly I'm aided by the fact that the objects actually fo have
"real" sizes I can work from.} Why does everyone insist on trying to do
framerate dependent stuff? Am I mad? Am I the ONLY one that thinks this is SO
1980s? I might be a bit of a snob when it comes to base platforms, but I
wouldn't think of doing anything else these days. I downloaded tux, tried
compiling it, it whinged and quit, so I downloaded thingy it needs, tried
compiling that. It whinged and quit, so I gave up. I had a million other things
to do and just wanted to see if it was any good, so if it's actually something
to find every missing header file on my machine and complain about them then
it's fine, otherwise I don't know. {There can't be THAT much missing off my
machine: it's a Slackware with the "install damn everything" option.}
Screenshots look nice.I never get any artist minions either. Mind you, having
said that, I have a hard time recruiting developer minions. And the ones I have
got keep getting side-tracked.

{And Crispy, get your ass on Surfers with the rest of the Fysh.}