Re: 3DNow! and MMX

Felix Kollmann wrote:

> Hi,
>
> hi attached a litte code. The Windows version works fine. But not the
> Linux version. Linux do a SIGSEGV.. any idea?

I wonder if that's a reserved instruction.

Does it work if you run it as 'root'?

Anyway, the "official" way to get that information under Linux
would be via /proc/cpuinfo or something like that.  Resorting to
machine code would be considered 'A Bad Thing' since it won't
work on Alpha's, PPC's, 68k's, SPARC's and MIP's. Also, the
/proc/cpuinfo thing should also work on multi-CPU machines
and weird stuff like that.

--
Steve Baker                (817)619-2657 (Vox/Vox-Mail)
Raytheon Systems Inc.      (817)619-2466 (Fax)