Re: CPUID detection

> As a result, you have code that won't even compile on a significant
> fraction of Linux boxes.

Considering this is linuxgames, I'm assuming he's not trying to write
some sort of system info command.  Instead the main use I see is to
execute mmx optized code for certain routines.  In which case that
code won't be portable anyway.  A plain C version would be a good fall
back.  Ideally this would be in a library but if the code doesn't give
the needed performance on the target machine some optimization is not
bad.  (Or perhaps he is writting a library.)

Dennis Payne
dulsi@identicalsoftware.com