Re: Scratchware

On Tue, 12 Nov 2002, Chris Purnell wrote:

> On Tue, Nov 12, 2002 at 10:02:52AM -0600, Gianfranco Berardi wrote:
>
> >  I just read some reviews of the the Contra game for PS2, and I am
> > still shocked by lines like, "And the best part of the game was the
> > intro! The graphics were amazing!" Um, yeah, cause I bought a movie...oh
> > wait, I forgot, it is a game.
>
> I always thought that was how reviewers say that a game is crap these
> days without pissing off the people who made/publish the game.  That
> way they keep their redership and still get more free games to review.

  :-)

(It's more to do with keeping their advertisers happy than getting
free games - the cover price of a magazine is *MUCH* less than it
costs to make so it's more important to keep the advertisers happy
than to be honest to the readership - to a point at least).

----
Steve Baker                      (817)619-2657 (Vox/Vox-Mail)
L3Com/Link Simulation & Training (817)619-2466 (Fax)
Work: sjbaker@link.com           http://www.link.com
Home: sjbaker1@airmail.net       http://www.sjbaker.org