[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Joysticks and screensavers.
- To: email@example.com
- Subject: Joysticks and screensavers.
- From: Steve Baker <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Date: Mon, 18 Nov 2002 20:51:25 -0600
- Delivered-To: email@example.com
- Delivered-To: mailing list firstname.lastname@example.org
- Delivery-Date: Mon, 18 Nov 2002 21:54:09 -0500
- Mailing-List: contact email@example.com; run by ezmlm
- Reply-To: firstname.lastname@example.org
- User-Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (X11; U; Linux i686; en-US; rv:0.9.8) Gecko/20020204
Is there a way to make Linux screensavers not pop up when you are
playing a game using only a joystick.
I mean, normally if you are using the computer, you're clicking
the mouse or bashing the keyboard - and that keeps the screensaver
turned off. But for some mysterious reason, using a joystick doesn't
do that. Weird eh?
I *could* make my game disable the screensaver - but that's not really
a good idea if someone walks away leaving the game running. I guess
the game could include it's own screen saver - but it seems a shame
to override the one the user selected.
There has to be a way to do this properly.
---------------------------- Steve Baker -------------------------
HomeEmail: <email@example.com> WorkEmail: <firstname.lastname@example.org>
HomePage : http://web2.airmail.net/sjbaker1
Projects : http://plib.sf.net http://tuxaqfh.sf.net