Re: c code vs c++ code

On Sun, Nov 24, 2002 at 09:42:42PM -0600, Steve Baker wrote:

> The C++ standard is produced by people who live, breathe and die
> understanding the subtle details of 'correctness' and 'type safety'.
> I doubt that any of them write computer games for a living.

See, I've never understood this: why should games code be any less
correct or type safe than the code in my bank?

Actually, not being funny here, but given how bad most games
developers I've talked to recently are at C++, I was at least
expecting that. The bank I'm at however, is TRULY SHOCKINGLY BAD at
writing decent code.