Re: Newbie seeks guidance

On Sunday 21 November 2004 10:30, Francesco Orsenigo wrote:
> I found best solutions to be glut for 3d (see freeglut.sf.net) and SDL for
> the rest (the latter is becoming a Linux standard more than QT are...)
> They're both portable and simple.
>
> Francesco Orsenigo

I second that. I've been using SDL and OpenAL on a project of mine and have
even been able to cross-compile this for Windows and test it in Wine. Except
for one initial problem (some DLLs get corrupted by strip) this worked out
fine. I even compiled most of the DLLs I ship with the with the windows
binary myself.

I think that though the games I'm working on might also be ported to Windows,
I'll never do development on Windows just for fun, because most of the stuff
can be done on Linux, too - and in a much more portable manner by default.

Regards,
Gregor