Re: Redesign based on tonight's arguments

Rob Kaper wrote:

>> Just a question about the logo - why is Tux sitting behind a lava kidney?
>> Or am I missing something important? (BTW: The klingon font is really cool
>> - what about using that font in a lava look?)
>It's just a shape. And Tux is kinda merged into it.. I think that if Tux
>would be in the front, with 100% opacity, then he'd be *too* much in focus.

Hmm, I just wonder about the relationship between games and kidneys ;)
And what about Tux sitting in front (or at the right) with about 65%
opacity? IMHO it looks a bit strange if he's just in the background,
partially hidden.

>Using the lava look and the font together could work, only the lava layer
>must not have more than 50% opacity then.. otherwise you cannot read the
>text anymore. My objection against using it for anything else than in the
>logo is because it would look weird on the site. Menu and header/section

Yes, I meant using that only for the logo of course. Perhaps with a
slightly greater font size...

>> descriptions an extra page and place just this list on the main page (with
>> links to the details of course). After all it would be good to have a news
>> listing on the main page, too.
>Don't forget some Misc info like the history and philosophy behind the
>site. Those items are handy for publicity (press info). Also, when people
>know of our motivation, they might just agree and contribute!

Yep, right. So we need a "Background" page. The history is more or less the
text used with some extensions (LGB, LGA)

Cu
	Christian
--

Troi, report to my room. Clothing optional