Re: LGDC Homepage & LGB

Dan Kegel wrote:

> Michael Maher wrote:
> > I've built some crystal space RPMS to help installing and using this
> > easier.  I've tested themout some what and I think they are behaving
> > properly.  I know this is alpha-esque software but I think it's better to
> > get the word out earlier. :-)
>
> That's cool.  Can we perhaps get the Crystal Space people
> to grab your .spec, and release src and Intel .rpm's when
> they do source releases?  (I know .rpm's are usually
> handled by outsiders, but can't see why the development
> team couldn't use them, too.)
> - Dan

I always assumed that rpm's are more for stable releases. The problem is that there
is at least one new version every week. Sometimes more. So creating the rpm's
should not be too difficult.

What does it involve to create an 'rpm'? I need to be able to do it on Solaris as
that's the machine I'm using for distributing CS.

Greetings,

Jorrit.Tyberghein@uz.kuleuven.ac.be, University Hospitals KU Leuven BELGIUM

He microwaved himself something called a Pour-On Genuine Creole Lasagne,
which said it served four portions. It did if you were dwarfs.
        -- (Terry Pratchett, Only You Can Save Mankind)