Re: Public Domain

On Mon, 26 Oct 1998, Michael Maher wrote:

> kinda got off the whole golgotha thread here.  If someone has the license
> can they post it here?  I still can't get into crack.com.

=== From: http://www.crack.com/golgotha_release/free.html ===

 Is everything Free?

 The legal owner of this source code and data, Crack dot Com, has shut
down and is no longer in business. The owners of Crack dot Com Dave Taylor
and Jonathan Clark have moved on to other ventures (see Life After Crack).
As they no longer have a use for the source code, they are making
available as freely to the public domain. This means you are free to do
anything you like with it, including modify it, sell it, or integrate
parts of it into your own product. Unlike some licenses such as GNU we do
not have any restrictions.

 Totally free items include :

        bitmaps, targas, or other pictures (see exceptions)
        3d models
        sound effects & music
        executables
        most source (see exceptions)

 Exceptions (stuff that is still owned by people):

Trademarks & associated graphics. Including : Crack dot Com's name and
logo. The name Golgotha and logo, the name Abuse & logo.  Source code
owned by other organizations, including the jpeg read/write code, mp3
loader code. In fact, the mp3 owner is getting hard-core about patent
protection, so you'd better not use that feature.

 If you would like to use one of our trademarks, please contact us.  As
well we would love to hear if you are doing anything neat with our work.

===

Nicholas

--
      "I reserve the right to contradict myself"
Nicholas Lee (Li Peng Ming)  n.j.lee at statslab.cam.ac in uk