Re: cheating

The Corruptor wrote:

> Not to mention the fact that is always has happened (how I miss peek's and
> poke's for inivite lives on my Spectrum games) and always will happen...
>
> I for one will be a little sad when games don't come with great cheat-modes
> or ways to cleaverly gain a few extra advantages. It adds to the enjoyment
> and helps embaress friends who can only see things by cheating! (Completing
> Doom II in God mode. Pah...)

That's something different. "Cheat Codes" were designed into the game
by the original authors in order that they can be progressively 'leaked'
to the magazines in order to get a little extra free advertising as the
initial rush of purchases of the game starts to wane.

In those cases the cheats are planned so as to not unduly wreck the gameplay
(although they are still "cheating") and they don't generally apply to
NETWORKED games where you could get an unfair advantage over another person.

The kind of cheating we are talking about here is the real thing - and it
seriously pisses off other networked players. (Of which I'm *not* one BTW).

--
Steve Baker   HomeEmail: <sjbaker1@airmail.net>
              WorkEmail: <sjbaker@link.com>