Re: fbcon

Brett_A._Letner@notes.up.com wrote:

>Has anyone on this list looked into programming for fbcon, the frame buffer
>console, that has been added to the Linux development kernels?  I believe

Well, usually it's the best way to program for libggi and let that library
handle the fbcon access. Accessing fbcon by hand isn't very funny AFAIK.

>it will allow you to do graphics directly on the console (instead of using
>X, svgalib,...)

Yep, but it currently only provides raw framebuffer access and functions
for mode setting. No acceleration etc. But it's a good start (and the GGI
people are working hard on adding accel etc)

Cu
	Christian

PS: The GGI homepage is http.//www.ggi-project.org/

--

It's lonely in the saddle since the horse died...