Re: (OT) Re: OpenGL scenegraph

On Tue, 7 Sep 1999, Steve Baker wrote:

>Well, it's true that Quaternions were discovered when Hamilton was
>looking
>for a way to extend complex numbers from two numbers (Real+Imaginary) to
>three...which turns out to somehow not work out...when he realised that
>four component numbers (the 'quat' in quaternion) are actually pretty
>interesting.

I read a paper on Quaternions. Or 'read' is probably wrong. I read the
first lines, and the first 'theorem' (or similar) stated that quats are
and extension to comples numbers. After that I didn't understand the other
math anymore. This was a paper describing how quats could be used for
rotations ig gfx.

 Jan 'Chakie' Ekholm |    CS at Åbo Akademi University, Turku, Finland
    Linux Inside     | I'm the blue screen of death, no-one hears you scream