Re: New package managment

Pierre Phaneuf <pp@ludusdesign.com> writes:

> He did have a full setup of GNOME, KDE and plenty of candy installed,
> just no development tools, so I guess it isn't safe to assume "gcc" or
> even "make"!

You could be right.
Back to topic, we don't need a new package system for binaries, the
ones out there are good enough. So for a 'new' package/build system we
could safely ignore all those people out there without any development
tools and instead focus on the people out there which have a full
features linux installation (with gcc, etc.), but which build only a
very little number of packages themself (for example just the kernel).

--
                                  http://dark.x.dtu.dk/~grumbel/pingus/ |
Ingo Ruhnke <grumbel@gmx.de>             http://home.pages.de/~grumbel/ |