Re: Question, Bug in a tutorial

On 27-Sep-99 Jonathan Taporg wrote:

> --- Steve Baker <sjbaker1@airmail.net> wrote:
>>
>> The image file formats I like best are '.RGB' (also
>> known as "SGI
>> format")
>> and '.PNG'.
>
> I recommend PNG as well.
>
>> JPEG uses lossy compression - unacceptable for most
>> applications.
>
> It must be pointed out that JPG can achieve excellent
> compression.  If lossy compression is acceptable
> (which is more often than you'd  think), JPG makes
> a good choice.
>
>> Everything else is too obscure - or has other
>> problems.
>
> TGA is another popular format for 24 bit images.  It
> is used as the primary output format for a number of
> rendering-type apps.  I'm not certain whether it
> supports compression, however.

targa support basic RLE

> -j

        -Erik <br0ke@math.smsu.edu> [http://math.smsu.edu/~br0ke]

The opinions expressed by me are not necessarily opinions. In all
probability, they are random rambling, and to be ignored. Failure to ignore
may result in severe boredom or confusion. Shake well before opening. Keep
Refrigerated.