Re: Input Library

On Thu, Sep 26, 2002 at 03:54:19PM +0200, Mads Bondo Dydensborg wrote:
> On Thu, 26 Sep 2002 Nathi-huesken@gmx.de wrote:
>
> > For Graphics I use OpenGL and for Sound I use OpenAL.
>
> Use SDL to get the OpenGL stuff, etc. It really is a very small, nicely
> working library.

You know everytime anyone asks this question, people go "SDL
works". When I point out it doesn't on any of my systems, we get into
a whole debate about how it must do, and therefore still no-one's
actually explained to me how come the out-of-the-box installation's
program that's supposed to make link lines to go in the makefile
doesn't work (it misses out loads of the X11 link commands). Then
there's a whole argument about linux library versioning and how the
SDL team don't understand how it's supposed to work, and twice now
this has happened, and SDL doesn't work on any one of the recent
versions of RedHat I've installed on various machines here. The best
anyone could get was "probably easiest to delete the whole
installation and go get the latest one and build it from source"

As a result, personally, I use GLUT, and joysticks can go hang.