Re: artists

Jan Ekholm wrote:
On Fri, 29 Aug 2003, Steve Baker wrote:

Jan Ekholm wrote:

I can't do good graphics nor
good models, but I can model a house or simple stuff if I can find
suitable textures. However the texture handling in AC3D is pretty limited
and I couldn't even find a way to use only parts of a texture for a
surface or specify some kind of tiling etc. It was always "one texture
fits one surface", at least in the version I used.
That limitation is also one in most realtime rendering environments too -
what AC3D presents you with is essentially raw OpenGL.  That's a good thing
in some situations - and a bad thing in others.

I lacked the possibility to use only parts of a texture for a polygon.
Especially if several parts of a texture are in the same image. Or if the
destination is a triangle or something non-square.

The recent versions have additional capabilities like texture coordinate
editor, which enables moving each vertex separately on the texture surface.

(Assuming that the Linux version has similar features as the Windows one ..
(ducks))

Actually I have done my buildins programatically, but I do use the AC3D
format as my file format, so that I can quickly check how things look
like.

		Eero