Re: artists

Chris wrote:

[Sat, 30 Aug 2003 13:40:22 +0200] Message from Frederic A. Martinelli:

love it or find it literally unusable.
I rather think that for someone who have used extensively 3DSnnn/Lightwave/[any third progs of that kind] then Blender is just "another way of getting things done"... and it's not harder nor easier, just different.

I have 8 years experience using various 3D rendering packages - starting
with packages on the amiga like Imagine, Caligari, Cinema 4D then Lightwave
and Lightwave and 3D Studio Max on Windows. I've also used 3D editors in a
numebr of other programs for level construction as well (Half Life and
Thief 2 being the most extensively used) I find Blender's interface to be
unintuitive, clumbersome, obtuse and irritating in the extreme. Knowledge of
other packages did help me, but I still find it frustrating to ues,
especially compared to Lightwave's modeller, and insulting members of this
Lightwave's modeller is certainly one of the best.

Ho, and by the way i didn't insulted anyone, this is just your view, certainly not mine.
I said that Baker was better at coding than as an "artist user", he didn't liked it but it's certainly not insulting either.
And to tell someone to go after something else after several months of try is not insulting but a rather wise comment for me.
Giving advices/your opinion is insulting for you ?

list just because you appear to think that they are too stupid to learn how
to use a program does nothing but make you shound arrogant and incapable of
Buhuhu :) Impressive, in fact i just told them to use the software not for 3 seconds and not stating afterward as if it was some Holy Graal that this software is nasty to use...

admitting there may be fundamental design flaws in the interface of a
program.
There are design flow in every program i've come across, mine certainly first, and i'll certainly find more with the future, but it's not a sufficient reason to kill a software for evidently personals and subjective reasons.

Fred.