crypto usage in my tagging-attack-prevention proposal

One more feature of my proposal for preventing tagging attacks is that it uses
only bog-standard crypto.  Specifically it requires a few things:

1.  A symmetric cipher in which encryption and decryption operations are
commutative and a principal can apply one of the operations without knowing
which one it is, i.e. CTR-mode.

2.  An integrity guarantee in which Alice and Bob share a secret and Alice gives
Bob some ciphertext along with a proof that the ciphertext hasn't been touched
by someone who doesn't know the secret i.e. a MAC.

3.  A way to generate a large amount of garbage from a small secret such that an
attacker can't tell whether the resulting garbage is ciphertext or garbage,
i.e. the assumption that we all make about secure hashes being random-looking.
(I'm not sure which assumption this is, formally.)

Regards,

Zooko