License for mixminion dist

Hi, all.  I'm answering all my mixminion mail tonight, and resurrecting
some threads of Roger's that I earlier decided to ignore until reply
blocks were settled.

In email to me, Roger wrote:
> has anybody raised the license point on the mailing list?

Not yet, but I think I should. :)

For the code I'm writing, I'd like to put the main server code under
GPL, and the client library code under a less restrictive license, such
as (modified) BSD or (as Zooko recommends) MPL.  The rationale is to
keep the system free by keeping the server free, but to encourage
adoption of the system by making it easy to add support to your favorite
mailer.

Two questions I still have:
	- BSD, MPL, LGPL, or something else?  Personally, I lean towards
(modified) BSD.  It wouldn't bother me much if somebody made a
proprietary client with our client code.
	- IMO it is undesirable for others to be able to add non-GPL plugins to
our server.  Agreed?

I'd like all of us to be happy that we're using the best licensing
scheme possible, so please let me know if you think I should do
differently here.

--
Nick