Re: WARN-messages

On Sat, Mar 27, 2004 at 03:07:31PM +0100, Evert Meulie wrote:
> Hi!
>
> Are these messages something to worry about?

Nope; these are fine, and probably shouldn't be warnings.  I'll try to
audit the log messages for 0.0.8, in my copious spare time. :)

> Mar 27 14:56:33.958 +0100 [WARN] Mismatched Secure-Configuration: 0 'Software
> is alpha, Mix algorithm is not secure, Mix interval under 30 minutes'
> 'Software is alpha, Log is too verbose, Mix algorithm is not secure, Mix
> interval under 30 minutes'

Basically, this message means that the server advertised one value for
a field, but now the value has changed.  In response, the server
should regenerate a new server descriptor and upload it automatically.

> Mar 27 14:56:34.069 +0100 [WARN] Configured hostname [hostname] resolves to
> [internal IP], [internal IP], and [internal IP], but we're publishing the IP
> [public IP]

This one _might_ be a problem, but probably isn't; the issue is that
when mixminion resolves [hostname], your internal DNS is giving it a
result that doesn't match your advertised public IP.  So long as your
external DNS gives the public IP as a result, you're fine.

yrs,
--
Nick Mathewson