Re: avoiding anonymous emails

On Sun, Apr 09, 2006 at 11:15:08PM +0200, Simon ?stengaard wrote:
> Hi
> I have received a complaint from a person who received several
> anonymous emails with personal insults and harassment. The person
> don't want to receive further anonymous emails. I can of course only
> block anonymous emails sent from the laforge node which I operate. At
> the moment the person needs to contact all mixminion node operators to
> avoid receiving further anonymous emails.
> Maybe we could set up a website where people could register their
> email address if they didn't want to receive any anonymous email. This
> list of email addresses could then be populated through the server
> directory.

I'm not sure I like the idea of tying this into the server directory;
clients in general don't need a list of people who don't want
anonymous email.

Also, is it really a good idea to have a big list of everybody who
doesn't want anonymous email?  It seems like a spam/abuse target.
What do mixmaster operators do for cases like this?

--
Nick Mathewson