Re: Mixminion on Sourceforge

On Tue, 2003-02-18 at 17:35, Tim Haughton wrote:

> Chaps,
>
> I've registered a mixminion project on Sourceforge. I desperately want
> to contribute to the project, but unfortunately I think my particular
> skill set is out of whack with what's needed.

Hi, Tim!

I appreciate your interest and desire to help, but could you please
rename your project or take it down?  "Mixminion" refers to the official
reference implementation, and to the loose-knit project group that has
produced it.  Other implementations should refer to "Type III"
remailers, and not be named "Mixminion".

Having a project on Sourceforge is a decision that should be taken by
the developers and project leaders; if we have one without supporting
it, we will be luring users away from venues through which they could
actually get the support they need.

**In general, I would much prefer that people not assume administrative
functions without asking first.**

I'm terribly sorry if this message sounds harsh; I do not mean to
discourage you as a developer or contributor to the Mixminion project or
to any other remailer implementation, type III or otherwise.  By all
means, contribute ideas, contribute code, or contribute documentation.
But please, please remove all traces of this project from Sourceforge.

--
Nick Mathewson <nickm@freehaven.net>