new remailer, and I see problems

I just got mixminion installed and running, but not published. What tests
should I do before publishing it?

The mixminiond.conf has a space for my IP address. Mine is a long-term-stable
dynamic address; it could change if the power goes out or if my ISP
rearranges cables, but otherwise stays the same for a year or more. I left
the space blank and got an error; the computer running mixminion is behind
NAT. I set it to ixazon.dynip.com and got another error. I had no problem
leaving it blank in Tor; it correctly guessed my external address by
connecting to something. Can you make Mixminion do the same? It would help
people on dynamic address (I know of an ISP in Germany that changes
everyone's address once a day) or behind NAT run remailers.

The default lifetime of a SURB is 7 days. The grace period when changing keys
is 1 day. Let's say Alice generates some SURBs on the 14th and sends them to
Bob. One of them goes through cside, dizum, eelbash, and frog. Dizum's key
expires on the 15th, but he accepts messages enciphered to the old key until
the 16th. Bob uses the SURB on the 18th. It has not expired, according to its
expiration date, but it will fail, because dizum has changed his key. I think
the default grace period should be at least 7 days, to prevent this scenario.

cmeclax