Oh yeah, wasn't there supposed to be an implementation?

Hello, all.  The code is moving along nicely.  I still think I can get
release 0.0.1 out Thursday night before Roger's DefCon talk.  [I can't
publish it before then; my company has me in San Francisco with a
client.]

The 0.0.1 release will be inefficient, low-featured, and not terribly
fun.  It will likely support only local (mbox) delivery, and lack
support for automated directory services.  The MMTP implementation is
inefficient and DOS-able; the client will be command-line only; SMTP
will not be written.  0.0.1 will not necessarily be compatible with
future versions.

Nevertheless, I think we're in for some fun ahead.  0.0.1 will have full
Cottrell-style mixing, automatic key rotation, MMTP, and implement all
of the spec not mentioned above.

How can you help?  First, you can tell me how exit abuse prevention
ought to work.  I can't write the SMTP module until I know. Roger plans
to solicit volunteers to run open output nodes, and it would be cool if
we had a good writeup of the best practices in use with existing
systems.

Second, you can watch the list Thursday night for a release
announcement, so that you can play with it and maybe run a server of
your own.  (I plan to be bugfixing into the wee hours of the evening, in
case you find any issues with it.)

Third, you can help 0.0.2 along by answering the email I'm about to send
next about SSL/TLS. :)

Yours,
--
Nick