Re: SSL and TLS questions

http://www.rtfm.com/openssl-examples/ (article part 2)

> 2) OpenSSL's license is problematic: you can't link it with GPL'd code.

OpenSSL is just a library, and for some systems it has become part of
the standard OS distribution, so you don't have to worry about this
that much.  Note that the GPL makes an exception for "anything that is
normally distributed (in either source or binary form) with the major
components (compiler, kernel, and so on) of the operating system on
which the executable runs"; thus you can link OpenSSL with GPLed code
even though the licenses may be incompatible.

--
Bodo Möller <moeller@cdc.informatik.tu-darmstadt.de>
PGP http://www.informatik.tu-darmstadt.de/TI/Mitarbeiter/moeller/0x36d2c658.html