Re: I already know a server named Grendel with a different key...

Grendel has been slain. All hail Beowulf! ;-)

(in other words: I have renamed my system. old name: Grendel. New name: Beowulf)

;-)

Evert Meulie wrote:
I was afraid of that... Hmm, I guess I will just change its name :)

Thanks!

  Evert

tainaron@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:
Hi,

Evert wrote:
Had a small crash here and now mixminion nags me with: 'I already
know a server named Grendel with a different key.'

Actually, this is the directory nagging you, nicknames are registered
with identity keys on a first-come basis. So either Nick is reading
your post and removes the first identity key from the directory, or
you will have to change the nickname.

The latter won't hurt the network, because the first descriptor won't
match your new keys, the directory will mark the first descriptor as
'not recommended' after 24 hours, and then nobody should be using it
anymore... After it's expired it will be gone anyway.

If you have any more questions, feel free to ask them.

Cheers.