How to change your IP while running 0.0.4

Two people have asked so far, so I'm going to write this up to the list.

If you are running a Mixminion server, and your IP is going to change,
you need to be a little clever to prevent message loss.  Right now, when
you restart your server with the changed IP, the Mixminion code will
notice that the published IP is incorrect and republish it... but other
servers may already have queued messages addressed to your old IP.
These will get retried for a while, and eventually dropped.

There are two workarounds:
     1. If you can, port-forward your old IP:port to your new IP:port.
     2. Otherwise, let me know a couple days in advance so I can take
        your server off the recommended list 24 hours before the IP
        changes.  After your IP has changed, it'll go back on.

The long-term solution will require a change in server behavior.
Starting with 0.0.6 or so, servers will also periodically download the
latest directory.  They can use this information to notice that you have
published a new IP with the KeyID they have for their current packets,
and route messages to that IP instead.

HTH,
--
Nick