Simple Minion API

Dear Friends,

Following from the discussion some of us had at PEt, here is a list of 'API'
calls that my Mixminion Proxy uses at the moment:

* getSURB(addrs,login,passwd) - provides a single use reply block to the nym
'login' with password 'passwd', going to address 'addrs'.
* decode(msg,passwd) - decodes the message 'msg' with mixminion password
'passwd'
* send(msg,addrs,cmd) - sends an anonymous message 'msg' to address 'addrs'.
The additional parameters in 'cmd' are used to pass the name and subject to
appear in the final email.
* reply(msg,surb,cmd) - replies with message 'msg' and surb 'surb'. As for
send, additional commands can be used to specify the subject and from lines.
* check() - checks if mixminion is installed and returns the version
* checkPass(paswd) - checks if the password is correct (for the moment it is
implemented by trying to construct a SURB... ugly...)

All the above are implemented using calls to the mixminion program. This is
quite ugly, error prone, and can be insecure (as Nick has pointed out to me).

Hope the above list helps: it provides a sample point of how people might use
a mixminion API. Anyone else building mixminion related stuff, please send the
API you use, and how you access it!

Yours,

George