Re: modularization and some comments (was: Notes from Conversationwith Roger)

On Thu, 2002-03-21 at 12:29, Zooko wrote:

> I'll reply to a couple of specific things, but first a proposal:
>
> Let us have five conceptual modules:
>
> 1.  the "Mix Core" module
 [...]

I agree, more or less, with your conceptual breakdown.  I add only the
request that we do not punt on the bits outside of the core.  We cannot
rely on others to improve our code before it reaches critical mass.
Therefore, we need IMO at least to supply 'core,' 'remailer
application,' 'mmtp,' and 'underlying transport,' even if we specify
them separately.

 [..]
> > The spec should be ready by Friday, for you, my dear friends, to comment
> > on.
>
> Whoo-hoo!

Double-woohoo!

--