Re: Servers Should Use a Secure Mix Algorithm

Roy M. Silvernail wrote:

> Agreed.  Always test against the production model.  The mixminion
> package itself is pretty stable.  It's time to make the mixnet behave
> like a mixnet.

Unfortunately both of those statements are in error. Testing against the
production model is only useful when you are not chasing known bugs, when
you are chasing a bug it's best to test against the simplest system that
exhibits the bug. Mixminion has a tendency to lock up at the moment, Nick is
looking at it.

> As is Tweep.  If something breaks, we fix it.

Something is broken, it would help us to fix it if you reverted to a timed mix.

btw, I read the list, please don't cc me as well/

regards,

Colin

--
Colin Tuckley      |  colin@xxxxxxxxxxx  |  PGP/GnuPG Key Id
+44(0)1903 236872  |  +44(0)7799 143369  |     0x1B3045CE

Why isn't phonetic spelled the way it is pronounced?