Accented subject characters

I use a short bash script to have mixminion-0.0.8alpha2
send/post a prepared text file. Example:

#!/bin/bash
# Use quotes for multiword headers: Re: soandso "Re: soandso"
#--recommended  DONTWORK
#--X-No-Archive=Yes  DONTWORK
#--subject="Re: sömésûbjèct"  DONTWORK
/home/.../mixmin/bin/mixminion send \
-t mail2news-20070308-alt.test@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx \
-P "*3,banana" \
--input=/home/.../mixmin/sourcefile.txt \
--subject="Re: somesubject" \