Re: header-swap isn't perfectly indistinguishable (was: problem in 3.2 "Replies")

> Um, I'm confused. The header size is fixed. The number of hops is
> variable. Unused header slots are padded. How does this reveal any
> information?

Len:

The rest of the message describes how seeing whether a message is a swap
message or not gives you some probabilistic indication of whether it is a
sender-anonymous or mutually-anonymous message.  It isn't the contents of the
message but the simple 1-bit fact of whether it is a swap or not.

I'll write more after dinner if people are still confused!

Regards,

Zooko