Roger's status

Sorry for being silent the past week. I was in SF at a pair of
conferences, and then came back and had to beat off a cold. I'm slowly
getting back up to speed with all my backlogged mail.

* I've been talking to Nick about the spec, trying to talk him into
turning it into what he wants it to look like. Hopefully I'll keep making
progress on that. :)

* After my anonymity talk at the O'Reilly conference, one of the Defcon
people offered to (try to) arrange a Defcon talk for me. At this point
I'm inclined to say yes, so we can get the word out to a wider audience.
My talk would be about Free Haven, but since I have 50 minutes I could
easily spend half of it on Mixminion. Bonus if we've got some code ready
by then (beginning of August).

* I spoke to Fabien at the Oakland symposium, and he said maintaining
author-anonymity [1] for the InfoHiding papers isn't important. In
fact, he mentioned that several authors didn't actually anonymize their
papers at all. So when we're ready, we should feel free to distribute
minion-design more widely. I'll set up mixminion.org at some point and
put a couple of URLs on it.

--Roger

[1] Dude! I just found a use for the distinction between author-anonymity
and publisher-anonymity that I made in my thesis. And they thought I
was wasting my time...:)