Re: SURB integration patches

On Tue, May 04, 2004 at 12:21:18AM -0700, Brian Warner wrote:
> As I think I mentioned a few months back, I've been working on teaching
> Petmail how to use Mixminion as a transport layer. The interesting part about
> this is that once they have been bootstrapped, two Petmail agents can
> communicate with each other entirely through SURBs. Each agent can keep track
> of which SURBs are outstanding, and use their remaining supply to keep the
> other stocked with a reasonable quantity.

Hi, Brian!  Thanks for the patches!  I like your approach, but would
you be able to rewrite your first patch to use something more like
GPG's --status-fd mechanism?  In the long term, it would probably be a
better idea for other programs not to rely on parsing log messages;
their formats aren't guaranteed to remain constant over time, and
they're meant for human readability instead of machine readability.

Please let me know if you'd like any suggestions for how to implement
this.

BTW, I'm going to apply some version of your second patch in the next
day or two.  Thanks!

--
Nick Mathewson