Re: Status?

On Wed, May 26, 2010 at 10:48:48PM +0200, Joe Anon wrote:
> So... I'm kind of confused,
> ...is this Mixminion project dead?

Mostly.

> ...is there a successor?

Not really. We all started working on Tor instead. The reasoning is
that while high-latency mix systems can provide theoretically stronger
anonymity than low-latency systems like Tor, without actual users this
theoretical anonymity is not actually better in practice.

See also http://freehaven.net/anonbib/#usability:weis2006

Nope. See http://petsymposium.org/ and http://freehaven.net/anonbib/

> Could anybody provide an explanation, or point me in the
> right direction where the developments in this area are happening
> now in 2010.

Hope that helps,
--Roger