Re: The status and future of Mixminion network

Hi,

Colin wrote:
>> This morning more than 60% of mixminion network is down.
> This is partly caused by the fact that mixminion has some bugs
> that cause it to die rather than just reporting errors.

As I understand, all servers in the grove statistics have
published their current descriptor, so mixminiond is at least
running, managing keys and publishing them. Wouldn't this point
to connectivity problems from the outside rather than dying
nodes?

A quick test shows 33 nodes in the directory, ~21 of which do not
respond to ping (as in mixminion ping) and 9 of which do not even
respond to ping (as in /bin/ping)...

Ciao

Tobias
--